Few communities this size can boast so many things to do and be involved with. Blessed with an abundance of community organizations and service clubs, there are intriguing special events and other community projects you won’t want to miss throughout the year. It’s a whole new world waiting to be discovered. Come for a visit and learn why people find Warkworth so irresistible. Select one of the sub-categories on the right to discover the social side of life in Warkworth and area.
Warkworth Community Email
To provide information to its members and to the residents of our area, the Warkworth Business Association (WBA) sponsors a Community Email service, currently edited and managed by one of its volunteer members. With the current AntiSpam Legislation (ASL), the WBA is committed to managing this list and the items distributed through it, in a way that addresses the requirements of the legislation.
There is no cost to be a subscriber to the Community Email List.
Contact email@example.com to subscribe to the Community Email List.
Sending Messages through the List
The WBA often gets requests to send out messages to the community. Guidelines have been established for the volunteer. Any requests that do not fall within the guidelines go to a committee for a decision.
- Messages from members of the WBA will be distributed according to their paid level of membership (Standard, Premium, Premium Plus)
- Any event that is happening at the Warkworth Town Hall Centre for the Arts, is entitled to one complimentary broadcast, if the hosts are paying rent. This building is managed by the WBA.
- One complimentary broadcast and one possible reminder of local fund-raising events being held by charities and non-profits of the Warkworth area is permitted. Many local organizations join the WBA to take full advantage of this marketing tool.
- Messages that are important to the members of the community/ municipality to do with safety, water, fire, road closures, etc. are posted as soon as available.
Guidelines for Messages
Because of the wide range of technology being used by our residents to receive their messages and because of the variation of download speeds of internet services available in our rural area, it is necessary to limit the file size of what is distributed.
- Each email will not be more than 100kb
- No attachments will be sent – message and possible graphics* will be imbedded in body of message
- *Physical size of graphics will be small and will be used as a compliment to the message
- Graphics are preferred in .jpg format and sent as an attachment to the editor, who will do the inserting. Graphics sent in .pdf format require extra work to prepare and may cause delays in message going out.
The WBA reserves the right to qualify any email before broadcast
Visit Our Neighbours - Explore the Area
Warkworth (Part of Percy Ward, formerly Percy Township) is one of three urban centres in Trent Hills. The other two are the Town of Campbellford and the Village of Hastings. To learn more about our wonderful area, take a wander through the following links: