Few communities this size can boast so many things to do and be involved with. Blessed with an abundance of community organizations and service clubs, there are intriguing special events and other community projects you won’t want to miss throughout the year. It’s a whole new world waiting to be discovered. Come for a visit and learn why people find Warkworth so irresistible. Select one of the sub-categories on the right to discover the social side of life in Warkworth and area.
Warkworth Ontario Facebook Group
All WBA (Warkworth Business Association) Members in good standing may post for profit ads related to their business, organization, or event but please restrict these to no more than one per day.
All group members may post announcements and not-for-profit advertising and ask the group for recommendations for local businesses and services.
No personal classified ads are allowed by anyone. Instead, please post your classified ads to the Trent Hills Classified Facebook Group or to Warkworth Ontario Buy and Sell
For profit advertising and classified ads posted to this group which do not meet the above guidelines will be removed without notice.
Warkworth Community Email
To provide information to its members and to the residents of our area, the Warkworth Business Association (WBA) sponsors a Community Email service, currently edited and managed by one of its volunteer members. With the current AntiSpam Legislation (ASL), the WBA is committed to managing this list and the items distributed through it, in a way that addresses the requirements of the legislation.
There is no cost to be a subscriber to the Community Email List but you will be sent a permission form to be returned by email and kept on file to meet ASL standards.
Sending Messages through the Community Email List (WBA Members and Non-Members)
The WBA often gets requests to send out messages to the community. Guidelines have been established for the volunteer. Any requests that do not fall within the guidelines go to a committee for a decision.
- Messages from members of the WBA will be distributed according to their paid level of membership (Standard, Premium, Premium Plus). Please be aware of these limits.
- Any event that is happening at the Warkworth Town Hall Centre for the Arts, is entitled to one complimentary ad, if the hosts are paying rent. This building is managed by the WBA.
- Non-member charities/non-profits, in the Warkworth area, may request one complimentary, brief, TEXT-ONLY email broadcast, and potential reminder of local fund-raising events. Maximum 4 emails annually. Most local organizations join the WBA to take advantage of the Standard Membership 12 email broadcasts annually.
- Messages that are important to the members of the community/ municipality concerning safety, water, fire, road closures, etc. are posted as soon as available.
- Realtors: Only listings of properties for Sale or Rent/Open House events in Warkworth are permitted.
Guidelines for Community Email Messages (WBA Members only)
Because of the wide range of technology being used by our residents to receive their messages and because of the variation of download speeds of internet services available in our rural area, it is necessary to limit the file size of what is distributed.
- Each email must not be more than 100kb in file size
- No attachments will be sent – message and any accompanying graphics will be imbedded in body of message by the Community Email editor.
- File size of graphics must be small and will be used just as a compliment to the email message. Important information (such as the event name, time, location, cost, etc) must appear in the body of the email and not just on the accompanying graphic.
- Graphics are preferred in .jpg format and sent as an attachment to the editor, who will do the inserting. Graphics sent in .pdf format require extra work to prepare and may cause delays in message going out.
The WBA reserves the right to qualify any email before broadcast.
Visit Our Neighbours - Explore the Area
Warkworth (Part of Percy Ward, formerly Percy Township) is one of three urban centres in Trent Hills. The other two are the Town of Campbellford and the Village of Hastings. To learn more about our wonderful area, take a wander through the following links: